HealthEU is a broad-based effort to glue scholars, college and workforce with important assets to reinforce their wellness and well-being.
With a brand new educational 12 months, Elon College has introduced HealthEU, a complete effort to reinforce the well being and well-being of scholars, college and workforce.
HealthEU supplies get right of entry to to assets, tutorial equipment and reinforce for all participants of the college neighborhood whilst cultivating private wellness values they are able to depend on even after leaving the college. The trouble features a tough web page at www.elon.edu/healtheu that may proceed to be up to date with new assets and lend a hand attach scholars, college and workforce with well being and wellness alternatives.
“Non-public and neighborhood well being and well-being are more and more necessary to all participants of the college neighborhood, and Elon generally is a chief in making sure other people have what they wish to be protected, wholesome and fulfilled,” mentioned Vice President for Scholar Lifestyles Jon Dooley. “HealthEU is designed to glue scholars, college and workforce with the large vary of assets that Elon has now and can proceed to construct out within the coming years. It’s a complete effort that may foster schooling, relationships and engagement.”
HealthEU is rooted in Elon’s Boldy Elon 10-year strategic plan, which was once introduced in spring 2020. Incorporated inside the plan’s Thrive theme, the HealthEU initiative was once advanced with the purpose of Elon serving as a countrywide type for systems, analysis and dialogues selling resilience, belonging and all facets of lifelong private wellness.
The preliminary paintings that may result in the release of HealthEU predates the release of Boldly Elon. Elon initiated a renewed focal point on well being and well-being beginning with the Presidential Activity Power on Social Local weather and Out-of-Elegance Engagement and proceeding with the Scholar Wellness and Smartly-Being Paintings Team and the JED Campus venture.
The ones efforts are mirrored within the six dimensions of HealthEU that cope with the well-being of all the consumer. The six dimensions are:
- Group Smartly-Being
- Emotional Smartly-Being
- Monetary Smartly-Being
- Bodily Smartly-Being
- Objective Smartly-Being
- Social Smartly-Being
HealthEU advances the “Act-Belong-Devote” framework that promotes certain bodily and psychological well being and which the college followed in 2019. The ABC type urges other people to be lively, seek for a way of belonging and decide to a reason with a purpose to advertise happiness and just right psychological well being.
A type this is “For You, For Us, For Our Group,” HealthEU features a visible identification to lend a hand scholars, college and workforce acknowledge techniques to faucet into its assets. Central to that identification is a lotus flower, which in lots of cultures is an emblem of resilience. The roots of the lotus are beneath water, with its stem emerging throughout the dust to bloom simply above the water’s floor.
The brand new HealthEU web page is a handy software to hook up with the number of choices that fall beneath the HealthEU umbrella. Every measurement has its personal searchable database of quite a lot of projects, occasions and academic assets that may lend a hand scholars, college and workforce in advancing their well being and well-being in that house.
The web page additionally comprises the most recent information and updates round well being and well-being on the college in addition to an inventory of upcoming HealthEU occasions.
Additionally new this 12 months is the extension and growth of the college’s partnership with TimelyCare, a provider for college students that gives reinforce from anyplace in the USA, 7 days every week, twelve months a 12 months. Scholars presented overwhelmingly certain comments to a pilot providing of TimelyCare throughout the 2021-22 educational 12 months, with greater than 1,000 Elon scholars gaining access to services and products.
New services and products presented this 12 months are scheduled counseling, well being training, workforce periods and get right of entry to to psychiatry services and products. Those services and products are presented along with current in-person services and products presented and not using a consumer charges throughout the college’s Counseling Products and services and Scholar Well being Products and services. Scholars can be told extra about TimelyCare and create a unfastened account right here.
The HealthEU initiative will keep growing within the coming years as Elon achieves extra of the targets defined within the Thrive theme of Boldly Elon. The college is shifting ahead with making plans for expanded neighborhood wellness, sport and well being middle within the middle of campus that may most likely come with the development of a brand new facility.
Supporting the HeathEU effort are participants of the Council on Wellness and Smartly-Being:
- Ginette Archinal, scientific director of scholar well being services and products and college doctor
- Ann Bullock, dean of the Dr. Jo Watts Williams Schhool of Schooling, professor of schooling and director of trainer schooling
- Stacie Dooley, assistant dean of occupation and scholar construction, Elon Regulation
- Marcus Elliott, director of the Odyssey Program
- Jenny Gonzalez, inside fashion designer
- Anita Hodnett, director of counseling services and products
- Kathy Harrison, college/workforce well being and wellness health center supervisor
- René Jackson, affiliate director of occupation services and products for graduate college systems and director of PACE program
- Caroline Ketcham, professor of workout science
- Susan Kirkland, affiliate vp for finance and management
- Danielle Lake, director of design pondering and affiliate professor
- Larry Mellinger, director of campus sport and wellness
- Paul Miller, affiliate provost for tutorial excellence and operations and professor of workout science
- Sylvia Muñoz, assistant dean of scholars and director of the Heart for Race, Ethnicity, and Range Schooling
- Melissa Murfin, affiliate professor, analysis coordinator and director of curriculum and instruction for the doctor assistant research program, director of schooling methods for the College of Well being Sciences
- Roselee Papandrea Taylor, affiliate director of college communications for admissions communications
- Jana Lynn Patterson, affiliate vp for scholar existence, dean of scholars and assistant professor
- Brandy Propst, director of Elon 1010 and assistant director of educational advising
- Kelli Shuman, affiliate vp for human assets and leader human assets officer
- Jeff Stein, vp for strategic projects and assistant professor of English
- Amanda Tapler, senior lecturer in public well being research
- Joshua Tillotson, captain, Campus Protection and Police
- Paul Tongsri, director of scholar care and outreach
- Charlotte Williams, affiliate director of campus sport and wellness for scholar wellness
- Kathy Ziga, period in-between director of educational advising